Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All is not lost yet

A gap of nearly 5 months since my last blog, I had kind-of hibernated myself... (Not really waiting for the right opportunity to start again...)

And then something shook me up this weekend. Probably for the first time in my life - I completed a sarkaari kaam without a single rupee of bribe. I submitted property tax all by myself.

This blog is dedicated to the local officers who designed the self-help booklet and the SAS (Self Assessment Scheme) form. I, an illiterate in local language, was able to fill-up a form that didn't have a single word printed in any of the languages that I understand. All I had to do was to follow para-by-para instructions from the booklet...

Hats off to those officers... My faith in Indian democracy and the system got a lease of life. All is not lost yet...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so, are you going to vote in the up-coming elections?

Unknown said...

So, is this going influence who you are going to vote for?

Tarun said...

it would influence my choice only if i am standing in the elections myself. :)

Tracer Bullet said...

the form was not in a language u understand, the booklet was created by people who do not know the language in the form, the people who accepted ur form did not understand u and u did not understand them... basically no one understood anything and that made everybody very understanding and happy ... now i do not understand what i wrote....

Tarun said...

so typical of you!!! :)